- This event has passed.
FREE Webinar: Best Practices for Community Air Monitoring Programs
September 30, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pmFREE
Approved for Continuing Education Credits or Professional Development Hours in multiple states.
Airborne chemicals and dust are issues for many environmental remediation sites, construction sites, and manufacturing facilities. Site and off-site emissions pose both nuisance and health risk exposures dependent on the site type and contaminant levels involved. Regulation and guidance for these exposures may include local ordnance, workplace regulations, and state or federal regulations, guidelines, and health advisories, dependent on the risks associated with exposure. This webinar provides a best practices framework for development and execution of a community air monitoring program.
This 2- hour program includes discussion of:
– Overview of history, regulation, and types of sites
– Guidance for regulatory required off-site air monitoring
– Exposure conceptual site model
– Methods for establishing health based toxicity and response levels
– Setting up a strategy for air monitoring and sampling
– Improved technology, instrument, data transmission, and alerts for real time data monitoring of field conditions
– Fixed based laboratory and onsite testing options
– Set up and deployment of onsite testing equipment
– Case studies
– Question & Answer discussion by panel of presenters
Bruce Groves, CIH, President and CEO, Emilcott Associates
Will Elcoate, Air Practice Lead, Alpha Analytical
Deborah Barsotti, PhD, DABT, Vice President, Toxicologist, Risk Assessor, Emilcott Associates
Andy Rezendes, Air Programs Laboratory Manager, Alpha Analytical