Environmental Health and Safety Field Technician
Our busy practice in Construction, Remediation and Technology is looking for an Environmental Health and Safety Field Technician. The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years’ experience in the Safety industry or a recent college graduate with a background in Environmental Sciences. To the enthusiastic and talented candidate we offer an opportunity to gain experience and training across a broad variety of engagements.
We are a highly collaborative organization that values cross-training and mentorship of talent. The successful candidate will be well-organized, have excellent written and oral communication skills, work independently and have the technical education to be successful in the environmental, health and safety field.
- Provide technical support for client projects in all areas of Construction, Remediation and Technology.
- Perform field tasks such as Health & Safety oversight, air sampling and exposure monitoring.
- Provide OSHA compliance assistance and safety management at project locations.
- Assist with field reports and final work product – collect and provide project feedback as needed.
- Provide project coordination and management support
- Daily interaction with clients on site.
- Perform fit testing for PPE as needed.
- Help prepare and contribute to the development and delivery of EHS training courses under the supervision of a senior consultant.
- Work schedule and location varies based on client’s needs. Evening, overnight, weekend and on-call hours are occasionally required.
- Must be reliable, autonomous, self-motivated and possess great customer service skills.
- Basic EHS knowledge and experience in areas of construction (highly desired) and industry safety, hazardous waste, IH and/or emergency response
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Organized and responsible team player with excellent communication skills