Director of EHS
Since 1986, Emilcott Associates has been recognized as a premier provider of comprehensive environmental services including compliance, training, site investigation, remediation, and process optimization among others. Our multi-disciplinary consultancy focuses on the development and management of both the manmade and the natural environment. As a mid-size firm serving a blue chip clientele, we combine our technical capabilities with business sensibility and focus our attention on service, client communication, and cost-effective solutions. We excel in translating environmental and facility problems directly into business results.
Emilcott is currently in search of an Director of EHS to join our team.
Emilcott Associates has a dynamic staff of professional consultants who tackle a wide variety of project work. Our team is comprised of CIHs, CSPs, CHMMs, PHDs and ASPs in addition to a robust technical staff. We have fun, we work hard and we play harder! We value collaboration, old-fashioned courtesy, good communication and mutual respect for each other. We have a “one-for-all” mentality and seek to work hard together, accomplish a lot for our clients, and share the rewards of work well done.
The Director of EHS will combine technical knowledge, client management and financial skills, and strong interpersonal skills in order to successfully grow and mentor a team of Project Managers. This is a high profile role within the organization and requires a high level of professionalism as well as the appropriate educational background and technical expertise.
- Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients.
- Oversee the delivery of multiple technical projects simultaneously to a variety of clients
- Manage client communications and project administration including deliverable quality assurance/quality control, reviews, project budgets, and schedule maintenance.
- Mentor and coach project team members and technical support staff in proper planning and execution of projects.
Manage and direct the technical and business development efforts of a team of 5+ Project Managers and their direct reports
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is a self-directed, results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm, passion for the work and the following responsibilities/qualifications:
- BS required in Engineering, Science or EHS studies
- 10+ years of proven ability to grow an EHS consulting practice
- Proven track record of strong project management, and performance in EHS consulting
- Experience as the primary point of client contact for a portfolio of clients
- Staff direct report experience including all facets of team building, performance evaluations, and staff mentoring/training
- Sub-contractor coordination including bid spec development, contracting and insurance/safety review, project award and field supervision
- Proficient in EPA, NJ DEP and other relevant regulations pertaining to Air, Water and Waste
- Possess working knowledge of DOT requirements, environmental regulatory requirements and operational support for environmental programs including annual reporting, permitting and hazardous waste.
- Must be flexible to various work schedules and situations related to emergency response scenarios
- Excellent communication & customer service skills
- Ideally possess a senior level designation or degree such as CIH, CSP, CHMM, Masters or PhD.
WHAT'S OFFERED IN RETURN
Emilcott Associates is an industry leader, offering a competitive compensation packages, as well as:
- Generous medical coverage for individuals and families
- Retirement planning (401K)
- Performance-based incentive comp
- Tuition reimbursement and career advancement
- Paid Time Off (PTO) program
- Flexible spending plans for medical expenses and dependent care
EMILCOTT ASSOCIATES IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER