- Hazardous waste and hazardous materials management
- Industrial, construction and laboratory safety
- Infection Control Risk Assessments (ICRA)
- Interim Life Safety Assessment
- Environmental, Health & Safety Program Development & Audits
- Emergency Response Planning
- Fire Prevention and Planning
- Mold, Lead, and Asbestos Inspections and Management Plans
- Industrial Hygiene / Chemical Exposure Assessments
- Environmental Compliance and Permitting
- OSHA Compliance
- Vapor Intrusion Investigations
- Sustainability / Green Building Operational Practices
- Water Quality Sampling
Environmental, Health and Safety for Healthcare
Healthcare facilities are often characterized as self-contained mini-cities that are a mix of workplaces, public and residential areas and commercial operations. The work areas can include: utility operations, a wide range of maintenance activities, laboratory operations as well as staff work activities that service the mission of the facility. To make the environmental and health and safety challenges greater, many of these facilities have evolved over many decades with a mix of buildings and infrastructure that are dated and fall short of meeting the environmental and health and safety standards found in buildings built today.The Emilcott team has significant experience performing audits, developing programs, providing training and working with government regulators.
Healthcare and hospital facilities
Hospitals and other healthcare facilities have unique needs when it comes to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) requirements. The implementation of effective EHS)programs in a healthcare setting requires an understanding of the complexity of the issues facing these facilities. This requires a multi-disciplinary team approach, as any change to existing operations can impact technology and equipment, systems and processes, staff and patient safety and ultimately the quality of patient care. A multi-disciplinary team can involve Administration, Clinical Staff, Construction Managers, EHS Managers, Emergency Management, Engineering, Environmental Services, Infection Control and Maintenance Contractors all working together to maintain environmental compliance, occupational health and safety (OSHA) compliance, and Joint Commission accreditation.
Emilcott's healthcare EHS services are offered in the Northeast U.S. in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, as well as in the Southeast U.S. in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. We will also consider additional service areas in the continental United States and Canada, if requested.