- Environmental, Health, and Safety Audits
- Chemical Vulnerability Assessments and Chemical Security
- Transportation Vulnerability Assessments
- Program Review and Development
- Laboratory Safety and Chemical Hygiene
- Industrial Hygiene
- Environmental Compliance
- Emergency Response Planning, Development, and Implementation
- Employee Training
- Contractor Safety
- Hazardous Materials Management
- GHS Compliance Assistance
- Fire and Life Safety
Environmental, Health, and Safety for Manufacturing & Industrial Sectors
For over 30 years, Emilcott has provided EHS consulting and training services to diverse industries. We work closely with clients to help them meet the wide range of EHS regulatory requirements found in OSHA, RCRA, TSCA, DOT, IATA, and others, as well as state and local regulations. The Emilcott team is comprised of many varying technical specialties, including:
- Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH)
- Certified Safety Professionals (CSP)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CHMM)
- Professional Engineers (PE)
- Environmental compliance specialists
- Leed Accredited Professionals
In these highly specialized industry segments, our years of experience provide us with a comprehensive knowledge of how regulations apply to specific industries, saving our clients time and money.
Emilcott’s manufacturing and industrial EHS services are offered in
- Northeast United States: New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Massachusetts
- Southeast United States: North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida
We will also consider additional service areas in the continental United States and Canada if requested.
Pharmaceuticals and Life Sciences
The pharmaceutical, biotech, and life services industries often have complex environmental considerations that require highly specialized expertise to address worker health & safety challenges, environmental issues, and potential public health concerns. These industries share a comprehensive and highly controlled product life cycle. Tight regulatory adherence is emphasized at every production stage - from R&D to QA/QC labs, from pilot production to full-blown manufacturing, and from packaging to distribution. Getting a safe product to market involves full integration of FDA requirements and compliance to OSHA, EPA (i.e., TSCA, RCRA), DOT, and NFPA regulations and guidelines.
Chemicals and Petrochemicals
The Chemical and Petrochemical industries have a myriad of unique hazards that can present a challenge to manage worker H&S and environmental programs effectively. Chemical feedstocks, intermediates, and final products can significantly impact worker health and safety, air emissions, and environmental releases. Our consulting and training services address a broad spectrum of OSHA and EPA issues: What controls are needed to protect workers from both potential toxic and physical hazards found in the chemical manufacturing process? What are compliance programs required to meet environmental regulations and industry best practices? What environmental, health, and safety management systems need to be in place to ensure the plant can operate efficiently and safely?
Petroleum and Refining
The Petroleum and Refining industries have a broad mix of unique hazards that can present a challenge to manage worker H&S and environmental programs effectively. There are unique hazards associated with upstream, midstream, and downstream petroleum production, requiring a team with significant experience in all aspects of the petroleum industry. We have many years of experience directing and managing the environmental and worker H&S programs in the petroleum production and refining industry. Our consulting and training services address a wide spectrum of worker health and safety and environmental issues impacting plant operations, maintenance, and turn-around activities.
Such activities include
· Designing and implementing controls to protect workers from both potential toxic and physical hazards
· Assisting in putting in place compliance programs and industry best practices to meet EPA and OSHA regulations
· Developing effective Health and Safety management systems to ensure operations can run both efficiently and safely