Certified Industrial Hygienist
Emilcott, the leading EH&S consulting firm in the Northeast, is recruiting for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) to join our team of Industrial Hygiene and Safety professionals. We are a mid-size firm serving a blue chip clientele with comprehensive environmental health and safety services. We have been consulting and training for 30+ years and are currently experiencing high growth.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 6-10 years of EHS experience, with a work history that includes positions in industry, regulatory agencies, and/or EHS consulting. Experience with classic, broad-based industrial hygiene is preferred, as is experience working directly with clients, either internal or external. Experience in dealing with the performance of industrial hygiene (IH) surveys and audits; indoor air quality (IAQ) and noise assessments; asbestos-containing building material (ACBM), lead-based paint (LBP), and mold surveys and investigations, and health and safety (EH&S)/occupational safety training is preferred.
- Provide EHS compliance support and oversee the delivery of multiple technical projects simultaneously to a diverse client base, including large manufacturing, industrial, and commercial facilities.
- Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously by effectively coordinating technical work; directing and supporting technical staff; and managing budgets, schedules, and invoicing.
- Communicate directly with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies.
- Coach, mentor and grow other EHS staff, ensuring their growth
- Provide subject matter expertise in Industrial Hygiene
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Engineering, Biology, Environmental Science or equivalent; relevant master’s degree preferred;
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification is required
- A strong background and experience in site specific Health and Safety and management of field operations is a must for this position
- Have experience in a variety of EHS projects including but not limited to: air permitting, spill planning, training, industrial hygiene, and on-site safety oversight.
- Possess excellent verbal and technical communication skills.
- Produce clear, concise, and grammatically correct reports, procedures, correspondence, and other documentation.
- Maintain a positive attitude under demanding conditions and aggressive work schedules. Work schedules and location will vary based on the client’s needs. As with most consultancies, evening, overnight, weekend, and on-call hours are occasionally required.