Industrial Hygiene and Safety Consultant – IEQ
Emilcott, the leading EH&S consulting firm in the Northeast, is recruiting for an experience Industrial Health and Safety Consultant to join our team of IH and Safety professionals. This individual will have 3 or more years of experience in the EHS space, having worked for multiple organizations either in industry, regulatory agencies or other consulting firms. Industrial hygiene experience, including indoor air quality, industrial hygiene, mold, asbestos, and lead is a must.
- Oversee and review Mold/IAQ claim related documents
- Conduct/Direct field investigations activities, including Asbestos, PCBs, Regulated Materials/Universal Waste, Mold, and Water Intrusion
- Collect indoor air samples
- Provide asbestos abatement oversight
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Write claim review and summary reports for senior review
- Experience in the execution of Asbestos Surveys, Regulated Material/Universal Waste Surveys, and Mold Assessments
- Seek opportunities to expand client services within the organization
- 3+ years of experience in the areas of industrial hygiene.
- Works well and harmoniously with other staff members
- Excellent communication skills, highly motivated individual
- Work independently and prioritize workload
- Verbal and written skills
- EHS knowledge and expertise in areas of building construction and maintenance (highly desired) and industry safety, hazardous waste, IH and/or emergency response
- Work schedule and location varies based on client’s needs. As with most consultancies, evening, overnight, weekend and on-call hours are occasionally required.
- Travel into New York City and surrounding metro area is frequently required (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).
- BS or BA in an Applied Science, Public Health or Environmental Science.
- Licensing/certifications including NYS DOL Asbestos Project Monitor & Air Sampling Technician, EPA/NYS DOL Asbestos Inspector and NYS DOL Mold Assessor, EPA Lead Risk Assessor highly desired.